The Montessori Method of education, developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations of children from birth to adulthood. Dr. Montessori’s Method has been time tested, with over 100 years of success in diverse cultures throughout the world.
It is a view of the child as one who is naturally eager for knowledge and capable of initiating learning in a supportive, thoughtfully prepared learning environment. It is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the whole child—physical, social, emotional, cognitive.
Why choose us?
- Our school program is designed to meet the developmental needs of each child. We respect the differences in each child’s emotional & academic growth and we work to help develop their self-confidence, self-worth, respect for others, and self- discipline. The teachers encourage the child to achieve their maximum potential within a loving and nurturing environment.
- Students are 2 1/2 thru 6 years of age in each of 3 classrooms with a teacher/student ratio of 1 to 9. Additional teachers in the classroom allow us to provide more individualized attention; therefore, student instruction is not compromised by those children requiring more guidance.
- Directresses are State and Montessori Certified and all staff have Montessori training. Yearly ongoing training includes CPR and First Aid and In-Service days when staff has the opportunity to increase their learning by visiting and observing other schools and attending seminars. NNMC is an affiliate member of AMS (American Montessori Society) .
- NNMC is an International School so that children have the benefit of learning about cultures from all around the world.
- Academics – We offer Language, Math, Geography, Science, Spanish, and Music.
- We offer half-day sessions AM 9-12:00 and PM 12:00 – 3:00 (5 days/Wk) or full-day sessions(3 or 5 days/Wk) .
- We offer before and after daycare 7-9 AM and 3-6 PM
- After-School Curriculum offers optional Dance & Gymnastics. (Separate fees)
- NNMC school calendar closely follows the Novi School calendar.
- At Novi-Northville Montessori “It’s Not What We Say, It’s What We Do” that maximizes a child’s ability to learn. We speak softly, walk slowly, respect each other through our words and our actions.
- NNMC is a nut-free environment.
- We laugh, we dance, we sing, LEARNING IS FUN AT NNMC! Please visit or call us. You’re always welcome!